Here is a list of sites that I found that have aircrafts for sale:
- Aircraft Shopper Online – I like this site because you can search by aircraft type with a list. For example, this single engine prop aircraft list.
- Controller – nice list of aircraft for sale.
- Trade-a-plane – This has a list similar to Aircraft Shopper, but this doesn’t specify the model number in the same way for the single engine aircrafts.
New PPL Aircraft List
I wanted to put together a list of aircrafts that I thought might be good for a first time buyer or someone with a fresh PPL. My considerations were pretty simple as I wanted something somewhat affordable as well as something that would not only help build my flight hours, but also something I could actually use with family/friends. I narrowed it down to the following:
- Capable of transporting myself and 3 others max (with light luggage for short trips)
- Around the $50K ballpark price.
- Low overhead as far as anticipated expenses and maintenence.
Aircrafts (not in order)
- Cessna 172
- Cessna 177
- Cessna 180
- Cessna 185
- Cessna 182
- Cessna 182
- Cessna 206
- Mooney M20
- Piper Archer
- Piper Arrow
- Piper Cherokee 140/150/160
- Piper Cherokee 180
- Piper Cherokee 235
- Piper Cherokee Six (260/300)
- Piper Lance
- Airframe & Power Systems Information
This is going to be your engine & Props
- Maintenance Condition
Terminology & Other Factors
- Annual Inspection Due
- Useful Load
- Tank Size
- SMOH -Hours Since Major Overhaul
- SFOH – Hours Since Factory Overhaul
- SPOH – Hours Since Prop Overhaul
Found in Cessna 172 Listings
- King KX 175B with VOR Indictor
- King KT76A Transponder
- Pilot Yoke PTT Switch