This is part of the pre-flight safety section and represents the safety portion of the pre-flight safety checklist. This is mainly going to pertain to the prop in regards to the safety but will have a few other areas that are in this list.
Prior to/during the Pre-Flight Inspection.
- Always keep head/arms, feet, hands or anything away from the path of the propeller
- If/When moving prop, use full hands and not fingers
- Engine is off
- Key is not in ignition and is in plain sight
- Throttle is pulled all the way out – in the closed position
Pre-Flight Inspection Occurs
After Pre-Flight Inspection & before starting the engine
- Ensure everything is clear from the prop
- Visually inspect the surrounding area for people, animals, equipment, etc
- Yell “Clear Prop” & wait enough time for a response
- Fasten seat belt and safety harness